Southern smiles are the best. We enjoy seeing some of the friendliest ones here in our Charleston dentist office. The nice thing about our smiles is that it’s truly the spirit behind them that makes them beautiful. However, matching the spirit with the appearance of your teeth is an easier process than you might expect. Cosmetic dentistry presents a plenty of options for fine-tuning the look of your teeth.
Many of these options can be performed right in our dentist office at Three Trees Dental, and there are some areas that we actually specialize in. Here are five of the most popular cosmetic dental procedures.
5 Most Popular Cosmetic Dental Procedures
- Teeth Whitening – This is easily one of the simplest solutions to stained, or yellowed teeth. Many things can contribute to the discoloration of your teeth—coffee, dark-colored foods—and whitening can reverse these effects.
- Cosmetic Dental Veneers – Typically made from porcelain or a composite material, dental veneers are another method for correcting a variety of problems like chipped or slightly crooked teeth, discolored teeth, or even remedy gaps between teeth. What you may not know is that we custom create our own porcelain veneers right here in our Charleston dentist office!
- Cosmetic Dental Crowns – Crowns are artificial coverings that fit over your existing teeth (also called “caps”). They usually help with problems like broken teeth, or teeth that have suffered a large amount of decay and have been weakened. Crowns can be made from a variety of materials like porcelain, ceramic, glass, and gold-alloy.
- Cosmetic Teeth Shaping (aka, Dental Contouring) – This procedure is exactly what it sounds like. By removing slight amounts of your enamel, we can actually change the shape or even the length of your teeth. Dental contouring is painless, and can actually be a substitute for braces in some cases.
- Orthodontics – Braces for adults can be the most time-consuming option for improving the appearance of your teeth. But depending on the type of orthodontics you choose could make the length of treatment much shorter. Options like Invisalign are much less conspicuous. Many more adults are turning to orthodontics to make dramatic improvements to the look of their smiles.