We are proud to provide Sirona Dental’s CEREC 3-D Technology to our patients in need of restorations. The CEREC system has revolutionized the dental field by meeting the needs of our patients in a more convenient manner. Say goodbye to the days where you had to return multiple times to complete a restoration. CEREC Technology can design, fabricate, and place a ceramic restoration in just one visit!
Crowns function to preserve teeth that might otherwise fracture, break and become susceptible to loss. Bridges are used to link the gap when a tooth is missing. With CEREC technology, no temporary crowns or molds of your teeth are needed, allowing us to your crown to you in one appointment.
Since 2007 Dr. Gardner has almost exclusively fabricated crowns and some bridges in house. This is accomplished with state of the art CAD / CAM technology by CEREC®. Learn more by clicking here to view a short video.
How Does CEREC Work?
- First, the decay and/or old filling is removed.
- Then, the teeth are prepared with a thin coat of reflective powder, and a specialized digital 3-D camera creates a precise digital image of the teeth. This state-of-the-art system replaces the need for messy, cumbersome traditional impressions.
- The computer-aided design (CAD) software then enables us to design and create a restoration specific to your dental needs. These highly durable restorations can also be color-matched for a more natural looking smile.
- We will then attach the restoration to the tooth, and check it for position, placement, and bite function. When you leave, you already have your permanent restoration – there is no need for temporaries or follow-up appointments!
What Are The Advantages of This System?
CEREC holds several advantages over conventional restoration systems, including:
- Your restoration is started and completed on the same appointment – no wait times, no temporary crowns, no return visits, no hassle!
- The entire process is usually completed in less than an hour.
- Less need for local anesthetic and fewer shots.
- All CEREC restorations are made from natural-looking, tooth-colored porcelain material that is metal-free, very bio-compatible and plaque-resistant.
- In many cases, more healthy tooth structure can be saved, since the restoration can be used in place of a full crown.