Dentures are used when one has lost all the teeth in one or both of their jaws as a result of periodontal disease,
tooth decay, or injury. Dentures not only replace the missing teeth, but also restore shape and contour to one’s
face that is lost when teeth are absent. In addition to improved chewing, these removable prostheses can also
help with speech and overall smile and appearance. Dentures are custom made for each individual to meet both
their functional and aesthetic needs.
Partial dentures are used to replace one or several lost teeth in an upper or lower dental arch. For many people missing teeth, removable partial dentures are a better option than bridges or implants. Dentures inconspicuously attach to one’s existing teeth to hold the prostheses stably in place. Like full dentures, partial dentures replace teeth for functional, cosmetic, and phonetic purposes. If you are missing some or all of your teeth you may find that a full denture or partial denture may be you best option. With the addition of implants dentures become much more effective in retention and chewing. We recommend a denture that stays in all the time and is fastened to your implant, otherwise known as the All-on-4® denture.
When are Dentures / Partial Dentures used?
All-on-4® was developed as a way to best restore the full arches of the upper and lower jaws by implant
manufacturer Nobel Biocare and European implant dentist Paulo Malo using bio-mechanics, computer
simulation and clinical research. This technique provides our patients with a non-removable dental arch that is
secured by as little as four dental implants – all on the same day. All on 4-8 is the perfect option for patients
who have or need dentures, need complete restorations on the upper or lower teeth and have lower bone density.
Benefits of All-on-4® technology:
- This procedure uses only four to eight implants to secure all teeth
- High quality full teeth restoration can be performed even when bone loss has occurred – bone grafting is
not needed in most cases
- Gives you teeth immediately – we make sure our patients leave our office smiling- with a brand new set
of replacement teeth!
- The All-on-4®-8 procedure provides especially effective restoration of the upper jaw because longer and
stronger implants can be secured in the back part of the jaw
- Minimal Recovery Time
- Reduces overall cost when compared to single implants
To properly evaluate your case, you will initially require a consultation and diagnostic appointment to determine the best treatment path for your case. This includes determining whether or not your case will require extractions, gathering the appropriate information via X-rays, Panoramic scans and impressions and any other photos required.
Directly after this consultation, you will be scheduled for implant surgery in which the new replacement teeth
are fitted and adjusted all in one appointment, including any necessary extractions.
- Four to eight titanium implants are placed in the jaw in such a way that the bone will envelop and secure
them into place.
- The implants that are placed in the back part of the jaw are angulated to achieve maximum advantage to
the existing bone structure.
- Once the implants are secure, the abutments will be attached so that the replacement teeth can be
fastened and adjusted for maximum comfort and function giving you a brand new radiant smile.
- The entire process is much less invasive and involves less surgical time than previous treatments.
The beauty of this new procedure is the sheer convenience. Special implants were developed for this treatment
allowing for the immediate fitting of replacement teeth to the abutments. This means that with only four to eight implants, patients can leave our dental office with a full set of new replacement teeth within only one
appointment! No bone grafts necessary!